The Iron Horse Bicycle Classic takes place every Memorial Day weekend in Durango, Colorado. It is a celebrate of the first run of the train in the spring, and has become one of the classic bicycle events in the West. Each year, participants come from every state and many foreign countries to ride the famed Iron Horse course.
- The McDonald's Citizen Tour, is a 50 mile ride from Durango to Silverton. Travel over two 10,000 ft mountain passes enroute to the historical mining town of Silverton. There are four aid stations with food and water along the route.
- The Durango Coca-Cola Road Race is a 47-mile race sanctioned by USA Cycling. Features 5,700 ft of climbing, thin air, and fast descents. Join the tradition!
- The Morehart Subaru Criterium offers a fast, fun, and challenging course in Downtown Durango. Race through the historic streets as the enthusiastic crowd cheers you on!
- The Alpine Bank East Animas Time Trial is over mostly flat and rolling terrain capped off with a short climb. It is one of the most scenic time trials in the United States.
- The Durango Cyclery Cruiser Crit brings down the house every year. Crazy bikes and crazier riders parade the criterium course with all the fanfare of a mini Mardi Gras. The best bike and costume combination takes home the famed trophy.
|05-26-2017||Iron Horse Bicycle Classic - One of the classic bicycle events in the West takes place every Memorial Day weekend in Durango, Colorado.|