The Kansas City Ultra-Cycling Brevet Series provides opportunities for randonneurs to test their endurance with 200km, 300km, 400km, 600km, and 1000km events.
In the sport of randonneuring, a "brevet" is an organized long-distance bicycle ride. Cyclists follow a designated but unmarked route, passing through check-point controls, and must complete the course within specified time limits.
The 2015 KCUC Brevet Series schedule:
- 03/28/2015, 200km -- Princeton Roundabout route, Shawnee, KS
- 04/11/2015, 300km -- Oak Grove, MO to Fayette, MO
- 05/02/2015, 400km -- Liberty, MO, up to Iowa and back
- 05/16/2015, 600km -- Humansville 600K Route, Grandview, MO
- 05/30/2015, 1000km -- Grandview, MO
To register for a brevet, download and print the entry form and waiver from KCUC, and send it in.
Web Site: kcbrevets.blogspot.com