Each year, thousands of cyclists ride in support of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society on one of the many Bike MS rides scattered throughout the nation. It’s a great chance to help raise money for an important cause, and to have fun at the same time. For many riders, Bike MS is the highlight of their cycling season, and something they’ve been training for all summer long.
Well, the Bike MS season is now upon us, and it’s time to put all that training and preparation to use and join in a local ride.
The following are some of the regional Bike MS events you can take part in:
- On September 6 & 7, ride Bike MS: Kansas City from Peculiar, Missouri to Sedalia and back.
- September 6 & 7 is also the dates for the Bike MS: Gateway Getaway which starts and ends in Columbia, Missouri.
- The Bike MS: “Petit Jean Pedal the Peak” takes place on September 6 & 7 from Petit Jean State Park in Morrilton, Arkansas.
- On September 13 & 14, ride the Wichita area Bike MS: Autumn Trails Classic, which begins and ends in Derby and overnights in Winfield.
- On September 13 & 14, ride Bike MS: Ozarks from Springfield, Missouri to Joplin and back.
- On September 13 & 14, ride Bike MS: Oklahoma ride, which starts and finishes in Tulsa.
- On September 20 & 21, ride Bike MS: Eastern Kansas featuring a figure-eight route that starts, overnights and ends in the same place.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is dedicated to ending the devastating effects of MS. Your participation will support programs, services, and research sponsored by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society that makes a huge difference to the people who must fight MS every day of their lives.