The Indian Creek Trail is a 17 mile long paved multi-use trail connecting Olathe, Overland Park, Leawood, and Kansas City.
The terrain is generally level and flat, although there are some tight turns and short steep sections, particularly where the trail approaches streets or bridges. The asphalt path is about 8 feet wide and there are mileage markers every half mile. The trail is patrolled during summer by the Police Department. All types of non-motorized bicycles can be used on the trail.
The Indian Creek Trail connects to numerous parks and commercial areas. You can also access the trail at a number of trailheads along its length:
- Tomahawk Park in Leawood
- I-Lan Park at 126th and Nall in Leawood
- Foxhill Park in Overland Park
- Roe Park in Overland Park
- Indian Creek Recreation Center in Overland Park
- Corporate Woods Founders Park in Overland Park
- Indian Valley Park in Overland Park
- Quivira Park in Overland Park
- 127th & Blackbob in Olathe