Last week’s running of the second annual Tour of Missouri professional bicycle race ended on Sunday in St. Louis. Christian Vande Velde of Team Garmin-Chipotle won the yellow jersey, beating Michael Rogers of Team Columbia by 18 seconds and Svein Tuft of Symmetrics by 48 seconds. Last year’s champion, George Hincapie, finished in fourth place, 1:03 down.
The green sprinter’s jersey was worn by the remarkable Mark Cavendish of Team Columbia, who won three of the seven stages of the tour. The King of the Mountain winner was Dominique Rollin of Toyota-United. Roman Kreuziger of Liquigas won the Best Young Rider jersey for the week, and Jeffry Louder of BMC Racing Team claimed the Most Aggressive Rider jersey for the tour. The Team Classification was won by Team Columbia.
- St. Joseph to Kansas City: Mark Cavendish
- Clinton to Springfield: Mark Cavendish
- Branson Time Trials: Christian Vande Velde
- Lebanon to Rolla: Michael Barry
- St. James to Jefferson City: Boy Van Poppel
- Hermann to St. Charles: Mark Cavendish
- St. Louis Circuit Race: Francesco Chicchi