The end of one year and the beginning of the next is traditionally a time for taking stock and making plans — looking back on last years successes and failures, and looking forward to the coming year’s opportunities and possibilities.
Kansas Cyclist officially launched on January 1st 2008, so this is our one-year birthday as well!
It’s turned out to be a rather good year. The site now has over 1000 pages of content related to bicycling in Kansas and neighboring states, over 100 subscribers to our various news feeds, and 69 people follow our Twitter feed.
I want to thank everyone who has visited Kansas Cyclist, bookmarked it, subscribed to it, followed it, and became a fan of it during the past year. I hope to earn your support even more in the coming year.
Plans for the future? Nothing I’m willing to go public with specifically, but suffice it to say that I hope to add some interesting and useful new capabilities to Kansas Cyclist this year. Stay tuned!
Here are some more end-of-year summations from cyclist around the region (in no particular order):
- Noah at KC Bike Commuting writes about his Five favorite rides of ’08 and establishes his Prime Directive 2009: ride more miles than he and his wife drive
- Bradly at BicycleFrenzy is Looking Ahead – Looking Back
- Warren at Limited Warren T realizes that his bicycle mileage proves he’s a goal oriented person
- Ben at Chubby Super Biker commits to ride the Dirty Kanza 200, and gives up beer until he gets the weight down.
- Scott at Redd Shift reflects on his first year as a full time bike commuter
- Kris at 303Racing has a review of cycling events in Colorado for 2008
- Jeff Kerkove details his Best of 2008
- Guitar Ted looks back at 2008 in 3 posts (1, 2, 3), and for 2009 he’s Looking Forward To……
- Carl Buchanan provides a 2008 Wrap Up
- JB of Bike-o-Latte offers up his Year in Review (in Pictures)
- DirtBum lists his Favorite Rides of 2008
If I’ve missed your year-end write-up, feel free to post it in the comments.