River Pond Park is located below the dam of Tuttle Creek Reservoir, near Manhattan, Kansas. Tuttle Creek is the second-largest lake in Kansas, with 12,500 acres of water and about 100 miles of rugged, wooded shoreline to explore. River Pond Park is managed by the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism, as part of Tuttle Creek State Park.
River Pond Park provides 200 primitive campsites, as well as RV campsites. Amenities include restrooms, showers, and picnic areas. The cost is $8 per night.
Other campgrounds at Tuttle Creek Reservoir include
- Carnahan Creek Park -- Free dispersed camping
- Cedar Ridge Park -- 50 primitive sites
- Fancy Creek Park -- 200 primitive sites, plus 26 RV sites
- Randolph Park -- 50 primitive sites, plus 20 RV sites
- Stockdale Park -- 12 campsites, for either RV or tent camping
- Tuttle Creek Cove Park -- 57 campsites, for either RV or tent camping
Contact: TuttleCreekSP@wp.state.ks.us, 785-539-7941. Brochure