With Spring finally in full swing, cyclists in the midwest have plenty of rides to choose from this weekend:
- Tour northern Miami County, just south of the Kansas City metro, May 3rd at the Bull Creek Bike Bash starting in Spring Hill, Kansas.
- The Kansas Fat Tire Festival takes place May 3rd and 4th on the picturesque trails at Lake Wilson’s Hell Creek State Park near Hays, Kansas.
- Also occurring in Hays on May 3rd is the Rope ’em Ride, which showcases the historical cathedrals in the area with routes from 5 to 100 miles.
- Cycle the beautiful Flint Hills on May 4th with The Great Escape, a ride to benefit the Spiritual Life Center at El Dorado Correctional Facility near El Dorado, Kansas.
- In Mountain Home, Arkansas, the Syllamo’s Revenge Mountain Bike Challenge lets you test your skills and endurance on a 50-mile course in the rugged Ozark Mountains on May 3rd.
- The Trail to a Cure takes place May 4th on the Katy Trail at Rocheport, Missouri to benefit AIDS research.
- Tulsa, Oklahoma’s Tour de Tulsa has been a spring cycling fixture for over 20 years. It rolls on May 3rd.
- The Valley Rally Bicycle Tour takes place in south-central Oklahoma’s Pauls Valley on May 3rd.
This is one of the busiest cycling weekends of the year so far, so saddle up and hit the road (or trail)!