Partridge, Kansas is a small town in the south-central part of the state, near Hutchinson. Each year the town puts on a “Partridge Family Fest” celebration to raise money to support projects in the community.
The theme of this year’s festival is “bicycles”, and various activities, including a bicycle parade, a bicycle poetry contest, bike games, a bike art contest, and a bike show, are planned.
The festival also offers Partridge History Tours, great food, entertainment, and a guest speaker, Erika Nelson of Lucas KS, who will present a humorous look at roadside attractions.
The Partridge Family Fest takes place this coming Saturday, October 18th on Main Street in Partridge, Kansas (see map):
- 7:30am to 9:30am: Sausage and Pancake Breakfast
- 10am: Parade down Main Street, featuring bikes, musical groups, antique tractors and floats
- 11am to 1pm: Meal of pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, potato salad, drink and dessert
- 11am to 2pm: Entertainment, Partridge History Tours, Games. BIKE SHOW, BIKE ART, BIKE GAMES, ART BIKES, Prizes and Awards.
- 2pm to 3pm: Erika Nelson of the”World’s Largest Collection of the World’s Smallest Versions of the World’s Largest Things” from Lucas, KS is the guest speaker
The Partridge Community Association sponsors the festival, and money raised will support community projects. A badge for $5 will cover the meal and activities; a $2 wristband will cover activities.