Big Poppi Bicycle Company in Manhattan, Kansas was awarded the Bronze level certification.
The City of Leawood City Hall earned an Honorable Mention.
Congratulations, and well done!
These two businesses join previous Kansas Bicycle Friendly Businesses:
- Anderson Rentals, Inc., Lawrence, KS, Bronze 2011
- Foth IE, Overland Park, KS, Bronze 2010
- City of Mission, Mission, KS, Honorable Mention 2010
- City of Shawnee, Shawnee, KS, Honorable Mention 2010
- Sprint Nextel, Overland Park, KS, Honorable Mention 2010
Other businesses in our region that received awards in this cycle include:
- Left Hand Brewing Company, Longmont, CO — Bronze
- REI Boulder, Boulder, CO — Bronze
Rockwell Collins, Cedar Rapids, IA — Bronze
- Bike Stop Bicycle Stores, Lee’s Summit, MO — Bronze
- SWT Design, Inc., St. Louis, MO — Honorable Mention
- Cycle Works, Lincoln, NE — Silver
- Pepe’s Bistro, Lincoln, NE — Silver
- The Bike Rack, Omaha, NE — Silver
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE — Silver
- Union Bank & Trust Company, Lincoln, NE — Honorable Mention
No businesses in Arkansas or Oklahoma made the cut this time.
Bicycle-friendly businesses “encourage a more bicycle friendly atmosphere for employees and customers.” Being bicycle-friendly is not only good for people, but good for business as well!
If you own, work at, or are aware of, a bicycle-friendly business that has not yet been officially recognized, check out details of the Bicycle Friendly Business program. The program provides technical assistance and information to help companies and organizations become even better for bicyclists.
Incidentally, I was also gratified to learn that my web host, Pair Networks (located in Pittsburg, PA), was certified as a Bronze-level Bicycle-Friendly Business. I’ve used these folks as my web hosts for years. They offer reliable performance, solid service, and fair pricing. Highly recommended.